English One grades close Thursday, January 20th.
Today's Objective: Learners will learn Pixton.
You will know you have mastered Pixton when you create your own sequential artwork.
1. Work with a partner.
2. Go to http://www.pixton.com/
3. Click on Log In (make sure the little blue circle marked "Fun" is checked.
4. Click Join Now (in yellow, at the top)
5. Create an account, and Log In
Now, for the classwork. Today will be a fun day for you as you learn Pixton. All you have to do is create a comic in Pixton that relates to your life.
Your comic must be either:
a. A 6 to 8 panel exploration of several positive events (ending with your main character saying MLIG, for "My Life Is Good").
b. A 6 to 8 panel exploration of several negative events (ending with your main character saying FML, for "Forget My Life").
1. Look at This Example, by Mr. Flamm
2. Watch the How-To videos Here (click on the picture, or "How-To Videos" links).
3. In Pixton, click "Create a Comic."
4. Click Save and Continue when finished. Check your email for a confirmation link. If you do not see an email from Pixton, click Resend at Pixton.
If you have problems making your comic, click on the background of a panel!
5. Click on Post Your Comic. Click through the options, ans scroll down to click Post Now.
Make your age 20 years old or so (use a phony date of birth).
6. Copy the link of your comic, and email it to Mr. Flamm (remember to include your partner's name).
If your comic makes me laugh, you get Extra Credit for the second marking period!
Next week, we will be using Pixton to tell portions of The Odyssey!
1. Check your TeacherEase Account.
2. Try to locate one of your missing assignments on mrflamm.com (click the Assignments tab)
3. Complete the missing assignment.
4. Email Mr. Flamm and write the name of the completed assignment.
5. Only 9 learners have no homework tonight!!!